Hey Diddle Diddle, I'm Fat in the Middle...
I had a lot of preconceived notions about pregnancy before I got tangled in it myself. One thing I wrongly assumed was that for the first 3 months, there would be no changes to my body detectable by the outside world and that shortly thereafter, I would grow a little bump right where the baby should be and it would be obvious that I was pregnant.
I couldn't have been more wrong... not only did it take a long time for me to "show" significantly, but the weight (and volume) went on very evenly over my tummy for the first several months, so it was hard to tell that I was pregnant and not just gaining weight. In fact, we had planned to take tummy pictures at regular intervals and soon grew bored with it when nothing obvious was showing up, which is why there are large time gaps in the pictures below. After 4 months, no one noticed anything (unless I told them). Here I am almost 6 months and people just started "noticing" that I am pregnant, to the point where they feel comfortable asking me when I'm due without risk of getting whacked in the face (if they're wrong). Although my baby bump is fairly well sized and well-placed, it's still not totally obvious that I'm pregnant if I'm wearing baggy clothes.
So without further blathering, I present the tummy chronicles... a picture chronicle of my growing belly with the last picture finally demonstrating that yes, I am actually pregnant. Stay tuned for later pictures (the most recent is already two weeks old, which tells you how current our blog is).
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay for the tummy! ;)
-JAM
Post a Comment